Friday, August 7, 2009

my dream home


http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm

For a long time I've been wanting to build out of straw bale. This home is the closest to my design that I've ever seen! I believe that sustainable living can alleviate poverty and that straw bale can really help people have affordable and beautiful housing. Someday, when I get my land, I will build a bunch of these and make some of them into senior residential living facilities. If you read the link, you will see that it only cost them around 10 grand and they completed it themselves in 4 months. The reciprocal roof is so beautiful!

2 comments:

Lady Jo said...

How cute! It looks like a Hobbit house. I would live there!

you should look up "Earth Ships" theres a whole community in New Mexico with homes built of completley recycled materials, their own sewage, water, and generators. They are completley natural and off the grid.

Lender said...

That looks like Pooh's cottage from Winnie the Pooh! Its hard to believe such places actually exist.